Among all of the things that we can buy online, travel/bus ticket purchase has been there from quite some time now. Here we are talking about the bus for travel destinations outside Kathmandu. Online bus ticketing not only favors us not to go to the bus counters, but it also helps us select the bus and seat types plus the facilities at our ease. Find the process for how to book/buy bus ticket online in Nepal.
Still, there are quite a few websites which offer online bus ticket in Nepal. Some of the websites for the bus ticketing online are BusSewa.com, Busnepal.com, Travelnepalbus.com, Westnepalbus.com. The websites have not included all of the bus routes like we could not find Kathmandu to Dhangadi in any of them. But other popular routes like Kathmandu to Pokhara, Kathmandu to Chitwan, Kathmandu to Lumbini/Butwal are found in all of them.
Read more: How to buy books online in Nepal.
Advantages of online bus ticketing
Here are the advantages of buying bus tickets online.
- You do not need to visit counters physically or visit personally.
- You can easily choose the bus and seats.
- Helps to get the best ticket (with time, price) of your choice at your ease.
- Using online you can get various options from several bus service providers.
Here is the process to book the bus tickets online from any one of the websites.
- Go to the websites mentioned above for the bus ticketing.
- Put the address from where you are starting the journey, the destination and Travel date. Some also require an option for the Day, Night or both. Click search buses after that.
- Select the available seat if it prompts you and continues booking.
- Then you will be asked to enter the passenger details. Sometimes you may be required to call the operator if there is an issue.
- After passenger details, it will book/hold the tickets for some minutes to finalize the payments. You can select any of the payments available like eSewa, Khalti, iPay, Debit cards e.t.c.
- Then you will get the tickets. Save it to use later.
eSewa Digital wallet
Popular digital wallet eSewa also offers to buy bus ticket online. There we could find options for the type of bus as VIP, Super VIP, Tourist, AC Deluxe, Hiace, Deluxe with Air suspension and more. There we could also select the ones with other facilities like AC, WiFi, Water bottle, Mobile charger, lunch and more. The price varies according to the bus type and the facilities available.
READ MORE: eSewa now reminds of your electricity bills.
Here is the process to buy bus ticket online using eSewa.
- Go to eSewa and select bus tickets.
- Enter the address from where you want to travel, the destination and the departure date.
- It will prompt the options of the bus (with the price) and the seat available. Select the one you prefer considering the price and everything.
- Continue and Put the information of the contact person, then continue booking. It will hold the ticket for you for some time.
- Ultimately confirm for the bus ticket after which it will cut balance from your esewa.
- It will provide you with the tickets, save it or snapshot to show it to the bus conductor later.
We are sure that more options for bus ticketing will come in the future. It will become easier to use more digital wallets and detailed information for the bus ticket later. Hope the process above will help you buy the bus tickets easily from online.
Tell us what do you think of the process to buy bus ticket online in Nepal in the comment box below.
- CG Net brings Dashain Offer 2080, 3x internet speed, cashback, discount on CG Smart TV
- The Art of Gunplay: Master Aiming and Shooting in Fortnite
- Top 12 Startup, Rising Star Innovation and Product announced in the ICT Award 2023
- Oppo A58 With Helio G85 4G SoC Launched in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo Y17s Launched Officially in Nepal | Find Price & Specs
- realme 11x 5G Launched in Nepal | Find Price and Specs
- Buy a data pack or top-up your balance on eSewa, win Galaxy Fold, Flip, or a smartwatch