ISPs had threatened the government to increase the internet price from Poush 15. Now with the recent negotiations with the Government, they pull back their decision to increase the ISP internet price.
Internet price had once gone up with the government decision to add TSC for the internet service. Then huge criticism followed the price hike. There was an agreement with ISPAN and government for not to increase the internet price and give some facilities to the ISPs. As ISPAN find no progress in the implementation of the agreement besides price revert, they threaten to increase the price by Poush 15.
The agreement then had some decisions in favor of the ISP’s like decreasing the rent of the NEA poles for their cables. Find more points in the agreements between ISPAN and Government. But recently NEA had increased the pole rent price which irked the Internet service providers. They even NTA for not seriously taking up their issue for amending the policy.
The government now pledges to implement those agreed points by even amending the Telecommunication Policy. So, the Internet service provider takes back their decision to increase the internet price. Now the internet price hike issue will not happen, but we feel that the issue is only temporarily resolved.
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G is getting the HyperOS upgrade: Find other rollout plan
- OnePlus 12 Pre-booking starts in Nepal: Find Specs and Price
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years