Supreme Court orders to stay the latest frequency auction of residual spectrum, started by NTA. After the announcement of the frequency auction, CG telecom went to Supreme Court as they will be deprived of the once allocated frequency spectrum. Find the details of Supreme Court decision in favor of CG telecom as below.
Supreme Court not only orders to stop the frequency auction but also instructs NTA not to hinder CG telecom in any way for the operation of Mobile service. The reason being CG telecom has already got the basic telephony license (unified license).
SC also tells NTA to provide permission to CG telecom for the procurement, installation of equipment and bringing additional funds.
As per SC, the “Invitation for application on Auction of Residual spectrum in 900/1800/2100 MHz hinders CG Telecom for getting the frequency spectrum. Without Frequency spectrum, no Telecom operator can operate a mobile service. SC directs NTA to treat CG telecom in the same way as other telecom operators. They ask to provide the frequency spectrum to CG telecom which they have acquired before.
So, SC decision also tells NTA to put the frequency auction as the current state. They instruct not to implement the auction until the final decision.
- Mobile service launched in Gosaikunda with Nepal Telecom’s VSAT technology
- WorldLink and Dish Home to screen Asia Cup 2023 cricket live for free
- Vivo Y02t Launched With Helio P35 SoC in Nepal | Price, Specs
- How to watch the Asia Cup 2023 live in Nepal? Also find fixtures with Nepali time, squad, venue, and more
- Ncell CEO Jabbor Kayumov calls on the youth to be passionate and dream big
- WorldLink wins “Organizational Sales Excellence Award 2023”
- Apple starts iPhone 15 production in India