Samsung, one of the most beloved electronics and smartphone brands, has just launched the Samsung S20 Ultra in Nepal. It comes with supreme level specs and flagship-level feature with a hefty price tag on it. Find all of the detailed specs and features of the S20 Ultra along with the price in Nepal.
After around 4 months of the launch of Galaxy S20 and S20+ in the Nepal market, Samsung brings the higher-end model; the S20 Ultra. The device produces stunning image quality due to the new camera architecture and AI technology. Similarly, the multimedia, gaming experience on the phone is superb.
“Samsung is providing a next-generation device for transforming people’s lives. With an incredible, AI-powered camera, S20 Ultra helps you to capture the moments as they happen and connect more seamlessly with the people you love,” said Mr. Pranaya Ratna Sthapit, Head, Samsung Mobile Nepal.
The core selling point of the S20 is its 108MP camera, which creates 10X hybrid optical zoom using the 108MP sensor with a folded-lens technology. There is so much more this particular flagship has to offer, so let’s find out all about it.
Everything you need to know about Samsung S20 Ultra
Featuring some builds up from S20 counterparts, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra has some amazing features. With a 6.9-inch Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O screen with a 120Hz refresh rate, this smartphone does showcase some decent dynamics. The screen size is larger than S20 plus and even Note 10 plus.
Moreover, the screen supports HDR10+ and provides excellent color as well. Although the front glass is slightly less curved along the side edges as it was in Galaxy S10, there does remain a steeper curve on the rear glass, which works just fine.
It comes in with an IP68 dust/water resistance but without a 3.5mm headphone jack. Well, that is not the only thing that is missing; it also misses the heart rate sensor and the variable aperture lens, which is a bummer. However, it comes in with a better camera, faster connectivity, and a larger display that you expect with the ultimate Samsung flagship smartphone.
Chipset and memory
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra comprises of either Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (US) or the Samsung Exynos 990 (Global). It is always the Exynos version that lands there. This is the chipset available in all the siblings of the S20 series. Although these two are separate 5G models, the version coming out in Nepal will not support 5G since we don’t have a 5G network.
The phone comes with 12 GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 128GB of UFS 3.0 internal storage.
The camera is the key selling point for the Samsung Galaxy s20 ultra. In this sector, the S20 ultra comprises of a quad-camera setup with a hideous 108MP primary sensor alongside a 12MP ultra-wide, a 48MP telephoto, and a ToF 3D Depth Vision sensor. You can also find another 108 MP phone in Nepal; the Mi 10 5G from Xiaomi.
It also supports of 10X hybrid optical zoom using the 108MP sensor with a folded-lens technology, which creates a powerful zoom effect when the light refracts at an angle on the telephoto lens. Also, when paired with 10X digital zoom, the S20 Ultra attains a 100X super-res digital zoom.
Along with that, the size of the image sensor has also been drastically increased. The 108MP sensor applies the “Nona bidding” technology, which combines the details of 9 images at once, giving off a sharp, vibrant, and well-lit 12MP image even in low-light situations. This ultimately gives photography and produces a different level of photos.
But, since the 30 times zoomed images were usually unusable, the 30X Space Zoom is hard of any use. So it’s safe to say that the 100X zoom will be monotonous and jaded. However, for recording, Samsung S20 Ultra sports an 8k/24fps feature, which is possible with its 108MP lens. Similarly, the selfie camera consists of a 40MP lens with 80º field-of-view (FOV).
In terms of the standing power, the all-famous S20 Ultra has a giant 5000mAh battery, which supports and comes with a 45W fast charging out of the box. Moreover, for the charging process, it supports wireless and reverse-wireless charging as well. With 15W Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 and 9W reverse Wireless PowerShare support, the S20 Ultra is a complete banger.
Though the S20 Ultra has a 5G variant, Samsung Nepal launched the 4G variant only, which is quite obvious as we do not have a 5G network yet in Nepal. The phone also supports all of the 4G spectrum bands in Nepal; Band 3 and Band 20. So you will get a higher internet speed with those two bands with Nepal Telecom 4G.
- Display: 6.9-inches “Infinity-O” Dynamic AMOLED 2X panel 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Resolution: QHD+ (3200 x 1440 pixels); 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: 7nm+ Exynos 990
- Software: Android 10 with One UI 2.0 on top
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M5 & 2×2.60 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- RAM: 12 GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128 GB (expandable up to 1TB via a microSD card)
- Rear Camera: Quad-camera; 108 MP, f/1.8 primary shooter, OIS, PDAF, 12MP, f/2.2 ultra-wide sensor, 48MP, f/3.5 telephoto lens, PDAF, 10X hybrid optical zoom, up to 100X digital zoom, 0.3MP ToF 3D DepthVision sensor and LED flash
- Front Camera: 40MP, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- Camera Features: Tracking AF, 8K video@24fps, up to 960fps slow-mo, Super Steady stabilization, etc.
- Security: In-display ultrasonic fingerprint scanner
- Audio: Stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital/Plus
- Connectivity: Hybrid SIM (two Nano or one Nano-SIM + one MicroSD card), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS/BDS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000 mAh; 45W fast charging; 15W Fast Wireless Charging 2.0; 9W reverse Wireless PowerShare
- Colors: Cosmic Black and Cosmic Gray
S20 Ultra Price and Availability In Nepal:
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra comes with a loaded price tag of Rs. 1,59,999 and is available at your nearest Samsung shops and other retailer shops from June 23, 2020. There are two colour variants that are up for grabs here in Nepal; namely Cosmic Black and Cosmic Gray.
|Smartphone||Price in Nepal|
|Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra||Rs. 1,59,999|
This is the third mobile launch of Samsung after Galaxy M31 and M21. We strongly suggest you read the details of the Samsung mobile price in Nepal.
Samsung offers the following to allure people buy the device, other than its spectacular features. You shall get the following upon the purchase of the S20 Ultra phone.
- Free Galaxy Buds +
- EMI benefits (to pay it in instalments)
- Breakage insurance for 12 months (One time)
As compared to other flagship devices such as Huawei P30 Pro (8/256GB), Huawei P40 Pro, and iPhone 11 pro max, Samsung S20 Ultra does have a bigger screen, giant battery, top-notch level camera of 108 MP. The features mentioned here are the ones that the other phones don’t have. Similarly, the S20 ultra also has a fantastic fast-core chipset.
If you are looking for a Flagship level smartphone, then Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is the one with everything premium about it. However, some of the features in Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra such as 10X hybrid optical zoom, up to 100X digital zoom, are not meant for daily use or a regular person.
With that on board, Let us know your thoughts on the Samsung S20 Ultra and the price in Nepal in the comment section below.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats