Telecom operator Ncell has warned its customers against fake offers on social media. Releasing a notice, the company urged people not to submit any personal data to avoid possible phishing attack and account hacking.
Lately, such posts have increased in quantity pertaining to relay GB of data volume and other offers. Especially, such posts are becoming common on Facebook. We can also see people likely believing in it as they comment favorably and we can’t rule out that it could even be a part of the plan by those who have started it.
Ncell warns this could be a discreet attempt to solicit personal data and might lead to undesirable situations. Likewise, the company has urged people not to be tempted and submit any sensitive personal data.
“Offers are promoted via Facebook and links with the name and logo of Ncell to lure unsuspecting people. Users are requested not to be tempted, login, and give away personal details to any pages from the ads,” Ncell’s statement reads. Also see: How to Query/Check Balance in Ncell SIM?
Ncell adds that giving in to such unauthorized pages, links and websites leads to data theft, and possible account hacking. You can contact @9805554444 for additional information.
Ncell speaks against fake offers, how can you stay safe?
It can be tempting at the possibility of getting multi Gigs of data volume as the offers state. But the scammers only act hard to be more persuasive. We must know that the ads have a familiar name, logo, and color theme for only the purpose of convincing the users. You can’t and shall not trust any pages which do not relate us to the official website or pages of Ncell. Below are the general tips to stay safe from fake offers and any suspicious posts claiming to offer us benefits.
- Follow only the official page and website where the company posts all the latest offers and services.
- If you see some offers elsewhere, check for any hints to find out their authenticity. Despite the logo, name, and color theme, the rest of the page can’t be familiar.
- Generally, posts containing fake offers attract a very small number of likes and comments too. It is another indicator of the page being handled by unauthorized sources.
- Never click on any links and submit your data. Likely, such dubious pages redirect you to an interface where it asks for personal data. Don’t give in.
- Let the company know of such posts and offers for confirmation. This also helps the company to confirm and save others from a possible worst-case scenarios.
Check out: Ncell Voice Packs; Day, Night Unlimited
Have you come across any such fake posts with offers claiming offers for Ncell users on social media? We urge you to stay away from them and stay safe from possible phishing attacks and data theft. Do share any information if you have in the comments below.
- Sangita Pahadi Appointed as Acting MD of Nepal Telecom
- Ntc Starts Mobile Service in Tinkar, Northwest Border Area Near China
- Daraz Dashain Dhamaka: Win Voucher Worth Rs 1 Lakh, 70% Discount on Products, More
- realme C53 With 108MP Ultra Clear Camera Launching Soon in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo V29 5G Available For Pre-booking in Nepal | Price and Specs
- WorldLink launches AI Chatbot to address customer services
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs