Nepal Telecom (NTC) has launched its IPTV service via the NTTV app on smartphones. This allows NTC customers to watch dozens of channels on their handheld devices on the go.
The app is still in the beta phase. The company rolled it out on Tuesday, June 7th after a period of testing.
“In the initial phase, we are making free-to-air channels available on the app for smartphones. For channels that require a subscription fee, they will take a time to roll out,” NTC spokesperson Shobhan Adhikari said.
How to activate the NTTV app on your smartphone?
- First, download the app on your smartphone.
- After the download completes, launch the app.
- You will see two login options – LOGIN and NTC LOGIN
- Tap “LOGIN” and enter your Ntc phone number
- You will receive an OTP on that number.
- Either enter it manually or let your smartphone enter it automatically
- Tap on ‘Continue’
- Now, you will have access to air-free channels on the NTTV app.
NTTV is an IPTV service for Ntc’s fiber internet customers. It brings over 165 channels in HD and SD format.
The company provides the NTTV service in the same internet package that also brings telephone and Fiber to the Home (FTTH) service. Nepal Telecom calls it Triple Play as all three services come on the same fiber cable.
The government-backed operator NTC has 1 lakh, 74 thousand, and 49 fiber internet subscribers as per NTA’s latest data.
Are you a fan of watching TV on handheld devices? Can portability triumph over watching on a large television screen? Do offer your insight in the comments below.
- rSIM Tech That Keeps a Backup of a SIM in Your SIM Card
- Samsung One UI 6.1 Brings Galaxy AI to More Galaxy Devices
- US telco AT&T restores network after huge nationwide outage
- Nepal Telecom to provide free WiFi at airports across Nepal
- Xiaomi 14 Ultra Launched: Expected Price in Nepal and Specs
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G is getting the HyperOS upgrade: Find other rollout plan
- OnePlus 12 Pre-booking starts in Nepal: Find Specs and Price