It is known that Ncell, the private Mobile operator has not put the new pulse rate into effect. The regulator, NTA has directed all the telecom operators to implement it from New year. Following the directives, Nepal Telecom, the government owned operator had already implemented the same. NT has also issued a public notice for the implementation. But for Ncell, it is known that the new pulse rate tariff has not even implemented.
The company which has been facing the unresolved tax issue, has now plunged into new controversy, Ncell new pulse rate.
Reports from Kathmandu post.
As per the reports from Kathmandu Post, they found Ncell to have charged customers on the basis of 20 seconds pulse. That is according to the previous pulse rate. The regulator has already decided for the 10 second pulse and directed accordingly, one month before. That means Ncell is charging more to the customers now. According to the rule, the regulator can even penalize Ncell for not abiding by the regulations instruction as per Telecommunication Act.
They also report that operators can easily change the pulse rate in their billing system. You can read Kathmandu post report at here.
The operators are resisting the pulse reduction plan, as they claim they are not charging of any other usage of their network. It is also known that their revenue sum is definitely going to decrease with the new pulse rate. NTA is even planning to implement pulse rate of 1 seconds that is charging only for the seconds they make calls. That is for the domestic call rates and for international call rates it will be 10 seconds pulse.
NT, a government owned operator and their obligations to the public, implements the new pulse rate by New year. But we don’t know why Ncell is challenging the regulator directives. Nepal Telecom and Ncell are the two major operators in the country, having nation wide coverage. Their market share as per latest MIS is around 49 % of NT and 44% of Ncell.
Please comment on the issue below. Also update here if you notice of the new charge as per the 10 seconds pulse rate.
- Case Filed Against NTC MD, Government Secretary in National Payment Gateway Corruption
- realme C51 With 33W SUPERVOOC Charge Launching Soon in Nepal
- Classic Tech Dashain Tihar Offer 2080: Internet and Smart TVs at an Unmatched Price, Free 5G Router
- iPhone 15 overheating is due to third-party app updates and a bug in iOS 17, not the titanium design- Apple
- Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max ranks second in DxOMark camera test
- Smartphone market low ahead of Dashain, no effect of holiday season!
- CG Net brings Dashain Offer 2080, 3x internet speed, cashback, discount on CG Smart TV