Anand Raj Khanal, Senior Director at NTA has been appointed as a member of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) of the Internet Governance Forum (IGF). He is one of the members for the MAG 2019, as appointed by UN secretary general.
Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) in UN had requested nominations for all of the stakeholder’s group, according to the established principles and practices of MAG rotation and selection of its members. Governments, the private sector, civil society, and the technical communities, need to submit names of candidates from developed and developing countries as well as from economies in transition.
Out of which, Mr. Anand Raj Khanal was appointed for the first time representing the Government group. This is his first term at the MAG of Internet Governance Forum. He will work as a part of MAG for one year period and contribute to the Multistakeholder consultation process, bringing the perspectives of their respective groups on Internet governance. Find the list of Members of MAG 2019 here.
Anand Raj Khanal, a superior official at the NTA has been a prominent intellect in the telecommunication field not only in the local scene but also in the Global aspect. We would like to congratulate him on this appointment and wish for a successful tenure. We hope this appointment will help us to rightly govern the internet sphere in developing country like Nepal.
Mr. Khanal’s experience
- Internet price war is a risk to ISPs’ investment- NTA Chair Bhandari
- MediaTek Helio G91 launched for budget smartphones
- Ncell, e& international to deliver superior digital services
- Vianet wins ‘Broadband Telecom Company of the Year’ in the Asian Telecom Awards 2024
- eSewa launches cross-border payment enabling Indian citizens to pay in Nepal: Find steps
- Khalti QR lets Indian tourists make payments in Nepal, How?
- Xiaomi 14 Launching Soon in Nepal | Find Price and Specs