The government has directed Ntc to expand 4G through the 4G tender within a year. With the direction, the long-pending NTC (Nepal Telecom) 4G project seems to go through. Along with the 4G expansion, the Government also directs Ntc to launch 5G in selected cities.
Before Ntc had sought a new 4G tender to expand 4G to all parts of the country. The evaluation of the tender was on hold for around a year. For nine months, CIAA did a probe in the tender, ultimately giving full authority to the Ministry to take further decisions. After 2 months of the CIAA (Akhtiyar) letter, MoCIT writes a letter to Ntc to make the 4G tender contract on the conditions to complete the works within a year. This direction now paves the way for the NTC 4G project.
As per the contract, Ntc 4G expansion would happen in 33 months. But the ministry directs Ntc to fulfill the responsibility within 12 months. Minister Gokul Baskota writes a letter to Nepal Telecom giving 14 directions.
- Now, if everything works rightly, Ntc will launch 4G in all parts of the country within 12 months and launch 5G in some cities.
Read more: Chinese vendors interested in Ntc 4G tender.
Now Nepal Telecom has to award the NTC 4G contract to the lowest bidding supplier who can fulfill the work within 12 months. If the supplier does not agree to complete the works in 12 months, Ministry directs to open a new 4G tender within 3 months.
NTC 5G !!
Ministry has also asked Nepal Telecom to launch 5G on a small scale in 4 cities. For that, Ntc has to formally discuss with the 4G supplier for the 5G upgrade. Ministry has put a condition that the work is done free of cost. As per onlinekhabar, the 4 cities which Ministry mentions are: Kathmandu, Pokhara, Biratnagar, and Nepalgunj.
Read more: What is 5G technology and its services >>.
They have requested Ntc to make a provision to upgrade all of the 4G network equipment to 5G at the appropriate time. With that, the Ministry already seeks the confirmation from the supplier for the smooth upgrade to 5G, which is yet to launch commercially in the world. This is in line with Minister Baskota’s recent expression to bring 4G in all places and introduce 5G.
- 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G explained in simple terms.
- What are 5G and the services with 5G?
- Ntc finalizing 4G expansion project.
- Samsung ready to launch 5G technology in Nepal
- MediaTek develops the world’s first 3nm smartphone chipset
- Ncell users can call the suicide prevention helpline at 1166 for fee
- realme 11x 5G Launching Soon in Nepal | Find Price and Specs
- Cross-Border Payment Between Nepal and India Commences
- Nepal Telecom begins fiber internet in 4 hilly districts
- All Highways will be connected with the mobile network, NTA forwards a plan