Government direction paves the way for Ntc 4G project, directs to launch 4G & 5G in a year
Government has directed Ntc to expand 4G through the 4G tender within a year. With the direction, the long pending Ntc (Nepal Telecom) 4G project seems to go through. Along with the 4G expansion, Government also directs Ntc to launch 5G in selected cities.
Before Ntc had sought a new 4G tender to expand 4G to all parts of the country. The evaluation of the tender was on hold for around a year. For nine months, CIAA did a probe in the tender, ultimately giving full authority to Ministry to take further decisions. After 2 months of the CIAA (Akhtiyar) lettter, MoCIT writes a letter to Ntc to make the 4G tender contract on the conditions to complete the works within a year. This direction now paves the way for the Ntc 4G project.
As per the contract, Ntc 4G expansion would happen in 33 months. But the ministry directs Ntc to fulfil the reposibility within 12 months. Minister Gokul Baskota writes a letter to Nepal Telecom giving 14 directions.
- Now, if everything works rightly, Ntc will launch 4G in all parts of the country within 12 months and launch 5G in some cities.
Read more:Chinese vendors interested in Ntc 4G tender.
Now Nepal Telecom has to award the Ntc 4G contract to the lowest bidding supplier who can fulfill the work within 12 months. If the supplier doesnot agree to complete the works in 12 months, Ministry directs to open a new 4G tender within 3 months.
Ntc 5G !!
Ministry has also asked Nepal Telecom to launch 5G in a small scale in 4 cities. For that, Ntc has to formally discuss with the 4G supplier for the 5G upgrade. Ministry has a put a condition that the workd be done free of cost. As per onlinekhabar, the 4 cities which Ministry mentions are: Kathmandu, Pokhara, Biratnagar and Nepalgunj.
Read more: What is 5G technology and its services.
They have requested Ntc to make a provision to upgrade all of the 4G network equipment to 5G at appropriate time. With that, Ministry already seeks the confirmation from the supplier for the smooth upgrade to 5G, which is yet to launch commercially in the world. This is in line to Minister Baskota’s recent expression to bring 4G in all places and introduce 5G.
- 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G explained in simple terms.
- What is 5G and the services with 5G?
- Ntc finalizing 4G expansion project.
- Spectrum Auction to move ahead. Who can apply!!!
- NTA selects consultants for cable/wire management
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Announced; Overview, Specifications and Price
- How to make the best use of mobile phone during travel
- SC scraps its own stay order in CG Telecom case
- Smart cell brings easy loan service; Find how to subscribe/enable
- Why Police arrest Pathao and Tootle Riders | Background, legality and Way out