Anand Raj Khanal, one of the famous ICT leaders from Nepal has been re-appointed at the United Nation’s Internet Governance Forum. Like before, he is appointed as Member of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) of the Internet Governance Forum (IGF).
He has been chosen for the position for the year 2020 by the UN’s General Secretary. He is currently working as a Senior Director at the telecommunication regulator, NTA.
Internet Governance forum discusses several policy issues in relation to the internet. IGF accumulates all the stakeholders, groups and people to exchange their ideas on internet technologies. It also works to facilitate the capacity building for the people involved in internet governing institutions and other stakeholders. The stakeholders for internet governance include Governments, international organizations, and Civil society.
As Mr. Khanal had served in the same position for the year 2019, he is continued for 2020 due to his capacity and the ability to work in such an esteemed advocacy group at UN level.
MAG includes members from the IGF host countries and also from intergovernmental organizations. IT sector related personnel from all the countries including the developing countries can be involved in the debate for good policies and practices in the internet field.
He is very active in national and international conferences and has been an articulate speaker in the ICT sector. He is also a visiting lecturer in prominent universities of Nepal, for Telecommunications subjects.
Mr. Khanal had also worked as Deputy Chairman at the ITU study group for two terms. He was elected for the position in 2014 for the duration of 2014-2018. He also worked as SATRC consultant inside APT for the year 2013-14.
Being a prominent intellect in the field of telecommunication, Mr. Khanal deserves to hold bigger positions and play his role in the development of internet technologies for both the national and global levels. We wish him successful tenure for another year in the Multistakeholder Advisory Group at IGF.
- Case Filed Against NTC MD, Government Secretary in National Payment Gateway Corruption
- realme C51 With 33W SUPERVOOC Charge Launching Soon in Nepal
- Classic Tech Dashain Tihar Offer 2080: Internet and Smart TVs at an Unmatched Price, Free 5G Router
- iPhone 15 overheating is due to third-party app updates and a bug in iOS 17, not the titanium design- Apple
- Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max ranks second in DxOMark camera test
- Smartphone market low ahead of Dashain, no effect of holiday season!
- CG Net brings Dashain Offer 2080, 3x internet speed, cashback, discount on CG Smart TV