Nepal’s largest telecom service provider Nepal Telecom observed its 17th anniversary at its central office in Bhadrakali. Among the dignitaries were the secretary of MoCIT and the chairperson of Nepal Telecom, Mr. Hari Prasad Bashyal, MoCIT minister Hon. Mr. Parbat Gurung, Nepal Telecom Managing Director Mr. Dilli Ram Adhikari among many. At the ceremony, the company laid out plans for the 5G launch, the use of AI, and more for 2021.
Hon. Communications and Information Technology minister Mr. Parbat Gurung joined the program as the chief guest. Addressing the event he said, “Nepal Telecom must work on maintaining the status as a trustworthy, reliable and competent telecommunications service provider in the country.”
The minister also called for the nationwide 4G expansion to complete soon. Later he directed Nepal Telecom to initiate 5G network testing within the current fiscal year.
The minister also chanced upon himself to soft-launch chatbot service. This system utilizes artificial intelligence to provide information regarding the services of Nepal Telecom.
MoCIT Secretary and the Chairman of Nepal Telecom BoD Mr. Hari Prasad Basyal lauded the telco’s efforts during COVID-19. He praised the company for facilitating the public for running business meetings, online classes, and payments.
He added that the company will “focus on improving 4G coverage and expand FTTH nationwide in the running fiscal year.”
Future Plan of Nepal Telecom
Nepal Telecom’s Managing Director Mr. Dilli Adhikari delivered his speech at the event while putting forth the achievements so far.
In his speech, Ntc MD announced the company’s plans for 2021. We have a break-down of the company’s ambitions as below.
- Giving continuity to ongoing projects and completing them on time, to provide good quality of service.
- Timely maintenance of its equipment and ensuring network availability for reliable coverage.
- Utilizing Geographic Information System (GIS) for better efficiency of planning and implementation of telecom infrastructure projects. Monitoring and improvement of network quality through driverless optimization.
- Extend service and manage consumer complaints using Digital Platform.
- Through coordination among MoCIT, NTA, and Nepal Telecom, establishing an infrastructure company to share among telcos and use it as a cost-cutting measure and also boost service.
- Bringing Strategic Management Partner to improve work culture and management within the company.
- Expand broadband service to every local level and minimize the digital divide and reduce digital literacy to aid in digitalization.
- Introduce Big Data/BI, Artificial Intelligence into its operations to provide consumer-friendly service.
- Initiate study, testing of 5G network, and draft its commercial launch.
Nepal Telecom is the largest telecom operator in Nepal. It is a government-owned company with 8.48% shares from the general public. The company provides mobile service, landline telephone, internet, and TV service among many others. Recently it launched a Triple Play Service that enables the TV, fiber net, and telephone service all over the same cable.
Tell us what do you think of Nepal Telecom’s Plan for the year 2021, which includes 5G and AI?
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years
- Ntc brings Democracy Day offer: For Martyrs family and Regular Users
- Nepal Telecom applies for a new GSM mobile service license