Huawei Technologies is leading the development of 5.5G or 5G-Advanced. The company believes the “upgraded” cellular standard will help for a better digital and connected world.
Huawei will develop key next-gen wireless equipment with more energy efficiency, coverage, and capacity. It will also come with a new set of intelligent features to promote the 5.5G profile, Huawei has said.
At the moment, the company is targeting global mobile clients altogether with a near-future rollout. It says its 5.5G system will include massive MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output) and high band 5G technologies.
5.5G with huge performance boost and energy efficiency
5.5G or 5G Advanced comes with a big performance bump over the current standard variant. 3GPP terms Release 18 and beyond to be the next phase of 5G in the name of 5G Advanced.
Huawei claims that its 5.5G will have a triple network capacity over 5G. And it will also save energy consumption by up to 30 percent.
Gan Bin, Vice President of Huawei Wireless Product Line said, “Huawei’s innovation will never stop. The new products have achieved both network performance improvements and green energy savings, helping operators build high-quality green 5G networks.”
Gan later passed on the prospect of a better 5.5G variant and its scope. He said that 5G has more than 200 commercial networks and over 640 million users currently. Also, China has 143 million 5G base stations which are 60 percent of the global total, and boast the highest patents already.
In addition, Huawei also employs intelligent network management and complements it with hardware upgrades. The company calls it “autonomous driving” which is it uses in telecom industries. And it has already attracted a majority market share in its domestic 4G and 5G markets.
Beyond China, Huawei will focus on expansion across Asian markets and the Middle Ease. Although it faces bans in some countries, the business potential is still huge for the company.
Huawei released its White Paper on its 5.5G project last year in August. In it, the company noted its 3 major highlights such as below:
- AI will improve the quality of services to new heights through network functions and network management.
- Convergence will combine different RATs and different types of networks for unified support. Network services can be tailored to different industries.
- Enablement will customize networks with proactivity, flexibility, and resource isolation under 5G-Advanced capabilities.
Despite the scope, Huawei says, it requires cooperation to fully unleash 5.5G’s potential to realize for industry-level applications.
For now, the telco giant is preparing for the Mobile World Congress – the prestigious telecommunications fair starting next week. Similarly, Huawei proposes IntelligentRAN wireless network architecture which comes with innovative features for performance improvement and energy efficiency.
The world is moving towards 5G while some countries are already working on further developments within and beyond 5G. What is your take on accelerated tech and innovation in mobile communications and does it even justify the real-world utility right now? Do share your inputs in the comments below.
- “Dumb phones” make a comeback as people are sick of smartphones
- The government fixes the cost for the basic TV package in Nepal, 8 channel bouquet lists
- Apple strictly warns users not to sleep alongside their iPhones while they are charging
- Huawei Mate 60 Pro Launched Officially | Find Price and Specs
- Xiaomi smartphone shipments fell by 15.8% while revenue also declined in Q2, 2023
- Xiaomi Brings “Sure-Shot September Mela” | Win Gifts on Purchase of Redmi Smartphones
- Buy second-hand phones on “Daraz Like New” | Features, phones, and best deals