Oli Government appoints Digambar Jha as NTA Chairman
Oli Government has appointed Digambar Jha as the NTA Chairman. The Cabinet took a decision to approve his name for the NTA Chairman, among the three recommended. Two months back Digambar Jha was relieved from the same position, as the government scrapped all the decision of former government’s latest appointment.
Before sacking Mr. Jha, Government also directed NTA not to take key decisions, due to huge distrust. From that time, NTA could not make any decisions and proper functioning.
Digambar Jha also went to supreme court for the sacking and got a reinstatement with stay order. But may due to some assurance from high levels, he took back his petition. Now that he is appointed again, the previous rumor is now proven. Because once an incompetent person with huge distrust has become competent enough in a matter of time.
The government had called for an open competition for the NTA Chairman position with some qualifications and experience. The committee for the NTA chief appointment headed by MOCIT secretary Mr. Mahendra Man Gurung recommended the three names including Mr. Jha to the cabinet. Other two personnel were Mr. Sushil Ghimire and Mr. Purushottam Khanal. Source
- Ntc democracy day offer with 2 hours unlimited pack
- SC again clears the stay order for Spectrum Auction
- Smart Telecom expands their mobile service to 45 districts
- How to Use Digital/Mobile Wallet in Nepal
- Purushottam Khanal given full authority to work as NTA Chairman
- Best iOS Nepali apps for 2019
- Nepal Telecom sees decline in service revenue and profit for 2Q FY 2075/76