Development and Technology Committee of Parliament has sought clarifications from Government regarding the appointment of Digambar Jha as NTA chief. Based on open competition, Government has appointment Digambar Jha as NTA chief. Previously the same government asked him not to take major decisions for some time and fired ultimately.
Parliamentary committee meeting on Thursday asked the Government to come up with the reason for Jha’s appointment. It’s not the only public who criticized Government for the Jha appointment controversy but also the lawmakers. Which made lawmakers in the committee to question the appointment for NTA top post.
The committee gave 15 days to MOCIT to furnish the clarification. Minister for Communication and Information technology (MOCIT) Mr. Gokul Baskota was also present in the meeting.
Directives for NTC MD appointment?
At first, the Development committee had also decided to direct MOCIT for the appointment of MD for the Government-owned telco, Nepal Telecom (NTC). But Minister for MOCIT Mr. Gokul Baskota intervened during the meeting saying NTC being an independent company has its own process to appoint the Managing director. So, he mentioned the directives are unnecessary for the open competition to Ntc MD. With Minister’s disapproval, Committee Chair bound to revert back the decision for the direction to fill the vacant top position at Nepal Telecom. Source
The government had sacked Kamini Rajbhandari as Ntc MD on Aug 14, 2018. Ntc Employees and unions have also demanded the appointment of Ntc MD promptly as it will affect the company health due to the insufficient decision for the long term.
Ultimately the decision has been changed. Which is to Direct MOCIT for
- The technical, administrative and managerial improvement in Ntc
- Operate more BTS towers
- To expand and improve the quality of Ntc services.
- Redmi 13C with 90Hz Display & 50MP Triple Camera Launched
- Ncell Lists “Facts” Regarding The Axiata-Spectrlite UK Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra: Leaks, rumors, images, specs, and all we know so far
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale