Activating a SIM card is the first thing to do when you purchase a new one. There are three key players in the telco sector in Nepal; NTC, Ncell, and Smart Cell. Each company’s SIM card has a different procedure to activate. And in some scenarios, users may find it hard to activate their new SIM cards. So, let’s know how to activate NTC, Ncell, and Smart Cell SIM cards for the first time.
How to Activate an NTC SIM card for the first time?
To activate an NTC SIM card for the first time, you can follow the following steps;
- First, you should make sure that your registration form has been submitted by the SIM card seller to Nepal Telecom. That form includes your name, DOB, and all necessary info.
- After that, you can dial 1415 to activate your NTC SIM card.
- For knowing your number, dial *9#.
- For balance query, please dial *400#.
- New NTC SIM comes with 4G preactivated, but for VoLTE activation, you need to do dial *444#.
- For data and voice packages, please dial *1415#
- For the remaining volume queries, you can dial *1415*55#
In case your SIM is not activated, you can visit the store/shop where you purchased the SIM card. And you can request there to send your registration data form to Nepal Telecom asap. Or, if you got your SIM from a Nepal Telecom office, you can activate it right away by dialing *1415#.
Have a Read:-
How to Activate a Ncell SIM Card for the First Time?
In order to activate a Ncell SIM card for the first time, please go through the following steps;
- After you have filled up the form with the necessary information and docs, the SIM seller must submit your form to Ncell via the master number.
- After submission by the seller, your Ncell SIM card will be activated within 24 hours.
- You can dial *901# or *101# for a balance inquiry.
- For Data and Voice packs, please dial *17123#.
- 4G is preactivated on while for Ncell VoLTE activation, you can dial *17201#. Do note that it is only available for select devices right now.
How to Activate a Smart Cell SIM Card for the First Time?
- For Smart Cell SIM activation, the seller needs to submit your registration form to Smart Telecom first.
- Your SIM activation will happen within 1-2 days.
- For balance inquiries, you can dial *123#.
- For knowing your own number, please dial *134#.
- For the data package, you can dial *141*3
- In order to purchase a voice pack, you can dial *141*1
- While for the SMS pack, you can dial *141*2
So that was all about how to activate NTC, Ncell, Smart Cell SIM cards for the first time. We hope this article was helpful for you. If you have any further queries, do not hesitate to leave a comment below.
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats
- Honor 100 Pro With SD 8 Gen 2 SoC Launched Officially