The internet speed from ISP or Mobile operators could be less than that they have promised. So, you must check the internet speed to compare it with the claimed ones, to make sure you are getting the quality of service that you are paying for. The test results can also hint at changing your current service provider.
Before going into the speed test process, here are some of the important points to note.
- During the time of speed check, please make sure that a single user (tester) is only connected to that internet connection. If multiple users are there, of course, the internet speed will be slowed due to the sharing.
- Please make sure that your internet connection has not surpassed any FUP limits that might have throttled the data speed.
- The process below is the same for home internet and mobile data.
- Test multiple times before you reach a conclusion.
- Make sure you do not have any issues with the testing terminal, like device hang, virus affected, etc.
Gone are the days when you download a file and check the time it took to calculate the average speed. Nowadays, we have different options to review internet service and more information from some sites and apps. Here are some of the possibilities.
The most popular speed testing website is Speedtest.net by Ookla, which is also the first one to search in Google with the keyword “speed test.” The website opens blazingly fast for the prompt speed check. You can either test the speed using this site from the Desktop browser or mobile browser.
They also have a mobile app named speedtest.net that is available for Android, iOS, and Windows. They have installed servers all around the world and you can also select the nearby server if you want to get the local internet speed.
As it is a global speed test site and the most popular one, Ookla also publishes the rank of mobile and fixed broadband for all countries based on the result. It will also keep a record of all the speed tests in your mobile device and can export at a later time.
How to check the internet speed from Speedtest.net?
To check the internet speed using speedtest.net, you need to follow the following steps.
- Connect your device to the internet through Wire or WiFi.
- Go to the website speedtest.net in the browser or use their mobile app.
- Click the begin test tab above the map of your place.
- It will take some time to ping the nearest server and provide the download/upload speed, and latency.
- You can share the result through Facebook, or Twitter, or copy the link to embed it in other places.
Speedof.me uses HTML5 technology to make it faster than speedtest.net. The website works well on all iPhones, iPad, Android, Windows 8, and other mobile devices as well as desktop computers. As per several sources, this website has a lesser number of servers than speedtest.net. Similarly, you can record the latest speed test results for further comparison.
Here is how you can check the speed with speedof.me.
- Go to the website Speedof.me
- Click the start test icon.
- It will give you the real-time speed of download and upload for 30 seconds and 15 seconds, respectively.
- The average rate is shown at the end, which can be shared wherever you like.
Fast.com is Netflix’s own tool to check the speed of the internet. As known, the website is hosted on Netflix’s servers.
After your visit to the site, it will immediately start testing the speed and will show it in real time. After some seconds, it will finally provide you with the estimated or averaged speed test result. By clicking more, you can also get the details of the internet speed with metrics like latency, servers, and upload speed.
The speed test result with Fast.com is not synchronous to what we get with Speedtest.net. As the server used here is Netflix, people suggest taking the speed test result for the Netflix experience only.
We suggest you not rely on a single test as there may be some bad things happening to the network at that particular moment. So to have the best check, we request you to do the testing in different time periods, including peak hours.
Note: All the speed test results are with Nepal Telecom FTTH Fiber internet connection.
Please do share your internet speed below in the comment box along with the ISP or mobile operator.
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs
- Case Filed Against NTC MD, Government Secretary in National Payment Gateway Corruption
- realme C51 With 33W SUPERVOOC Charge Launching Soon in Nepal
- Classic Tech Dashain Tihar Offer 2080: Internet and Smart TVs at an Unmatched Price, Free 5G Router
- iPhone 15 overheating is due to third-party app updates and a bug in iOS 17, not the titanium design- Apple
- Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max ranks second in DxOMark camera test
- Smartphone market low ahead of Dashain, no effect of holiday season!