People need to either visit the Police station or the telcos to request the lost or stolen phones. As NTA has started to register complaints about the lost/stolen mobile phones, now people need not spend some time visiting those places. With the same portal earlier used for registration of mobile phone IMEI from NTA, you can report online for the lost/stolen mobile phone in Nepal. Here is the process for how to report the lost phone in Nepal.
To report for the stolen/lost phone online, at first, you need to log in to the NTA portal for EIR. If you already have the account in the portal, you can log in and register your phone there. If you have not created an account in the portal, you need to create your login as an individual user and provide the detailed information in the form. They will approve later once the information is verified. You also need to provide the scanned copy of any identification of yours like a citizenship card or passport.
As NTA approves all the phone imports, they have the records of all the IMEI/ESN/MEID that are imported and sold in Nepal. Similarly, the telecom operators have a record of all the used mobile phones in Nepal.
NTA will use the information provided and ask the telecom operators to search for the mentioned mobile phone. They will also send information about the mobile phone to the Police or Telcos. As it is a one-stop solution to report lost phones, people need not wander around in search of their lost phones.
Before, people need to visit the police station time and again to ask if they have found their mobile phones. Some people also visit the telcos office to get information about their phones.
Once they find the lost phone or know the whereabouts, either police or NTA will inform the respective owner. This is the early phase of reporting the lost mobile phone. This part will be full-fledged once the central EIR or MDMS system comes into operation.
If the information provided is incomplete, NTA will inform you about the information online. They have also enabled to track or block their mobile phone from the system itself.
How to track lost phones in Nepal from NTA?
To track the lost or stolen phones in Nepal from NTA portal, you need to
- Visit the Mobile tracking portal at https://eir.nta.gov.np/main/individual/track.
- Fill the form with the information as
- Lost date
- Lost location
- Mobile No. or mention if it is lost without any SIM
- User details like Name, address, ID, email.
- NTA will send you information if the lost or stolen phone is found.
With the update on the portal, NTA requests people to return other’s phones to their office or nearby Police. NTA also warns to take legal actions against those who use or buy/sell lost or stolen phones.
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years
- Ntc brings Democracy Day offer: For Martyrs family and Regular Users
- Nepal Telecom applies for a new GSM mobile service license
- Ultima Rock Bluetooth Speaker: An elite innovation on budget