Ncell operated the 4G network from Kathmandu and now it has reached 71 districts. We are here to compile all the detailed information and general questions regarding Ncell 4G. The post includes all information including Ncell 4G coverage, Ncell frequency band, Handset compatibility, Speed, etc. Then you will also find the process to activate 4G in Ncell.
Table of contents
- Where is the Ncell 4G coverage available?
- What is the frequency band of Ncell 4G?
- How to check if your handset is compatible with Ncell 4G?
- What is the speed of Ncell 4G?
- Do I need to change the SIM card for Ncell 4G?
- How to activate 4G in Ncell?
- What are the Ncell 4G free offers along with the first 4G activation?
Where is the Ncell 4G coverage available?
At first, Ncell 4G was available in Kathmandu, Nagarkot, Banepa, and Dhulikhel. Ncell gradually expanded the 4G service to all the cities and important places across the country. Now they claim they have 4G coverage at 549 local levels with more than 4000 BTS. They had also been adding Pole towers for 4G in metro areas of the country, for more capacity.
What is the frequency band of Ncell 4G?
How to check if your handset is compatible with Ncell 4G?
To check if your handset is compatible with 4G, you need to look for the LTE 1800/900 MHz in the specs of your phone. If you cannot check the specs, you need to go to the settings and mobile network, then go to the available mobile networks to select manually.
After some scanning, it will show you the list of networks available for you. If it shows 429 02 LTE or Ncell LTE, then it is sure that your handset supports Ncell 4G.
What is the speed of Ncell 4G?
At first, Ncell 4G speed was around 33 Mbps. But later with the introduction of new technology, Ncell upgrades its 4G to a higher speed above 70 Mbps download. We should be well informed that the speed depends on the power of the 4G signal and the time of usage. Check out 4G speed in Nepal and dependency factors.
As we tested Ncell 4G ourselves, we have found it to be around 15 to 20 Mbps of download and around 7 to 12 Mbps of upload on average.
Do I need to change the SIM card for Ncell 4G?
You may need to change your old SIM to the U-SIM card to get Ncell 4G.
How to activate 4G in Ncell?
To activate/subscribe to 4G in Ncell, please follow the following process.
- First, you need to check if your SIM supports 4G or not. For that, you need to send a message q to 324. Then you will get a message to confirm the 4G support on your SIM. If your SIM doesn’t support 4G (that is your SIM is not USIM), you need to change your SIM to U-SIM for the Ncell 4G.
- Or You can also dial *324# to get the details of the SIM for 4G compatibility.
- Then your handset shall also support 4G. Confirm for this handset 4G support as well.
- Then you have to put your phone in the 4G preferred mode in settings, mobile network.
Read here for how to activate 4G and put 4G mode on your phone.
What are the Ncell 4G free offers along with the first 4G activation?
After the 4G activation, Ncell provides a 2GB free data pack to the subscribers valid for 7 days. The bonus data volume works on the 4G network only. All the existing data packs work for Ncell 4G as well. We recommend buying higher-volume data packs if you want to use them on 4G. Here are the details about the Ncell data package offers.
If you have any queries to activate 4G in Ncell, do comment below.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats