4G is now available in Nepal with Nepal Telecom (NTC), Ncell, and Smart Telecom. At first, 4G network was available in major cities and now is extended to other suburbs, rural areas. It seems people are excited to use the 4G service on their mobile due to the fast data speed. But there is still a confusion in people for how to activate 4G and put 4G mode in their SIM and Phone. Here is the procedure for 4G activation, the 4G mode in the phone, 4G coverage, and 4G settings configuration.
4G LTE is the widely used mobile technology that is being used worldwide to cater to the demand for high-speed broadband service. Nepal’s 4G network is now available in most places and has witnessed a significant growth in the number of 4G users. Although some of the developed worlds have launched a 5G network, for a country like Nepal, the 4G network will serve the people at least 3 more years, when the speed demand and different use cases could not be met by 4G.
How to activate 4G in Ncell, Ntc, and Smart Cell?
Here is the process to activate 4G in Ntc, Ncell, and Smart Cell.
- For NTC, you need to dial *444# to activate 4G. Ntc has been using this feature since its first launch back in 2017. So every Ntc subscriber can access to 4G network if their handset or SIM supports 4G. If your Ntc SIM is not U-SIM, you will be notified of the sim change which is not free. Old SIM (from 4-5 years old) does not support 4G. So, please visit Ntc counters available in the major areas for the SIM upgrade. You will also get a 1GB (500 MB all network + 500 MB 4G) data pack for free upon the activation of 4G in your SIM. Find how to check balance and more in Ntc >>
- For Ncell, you need to dial *324# to activate 4G. If your SIM card is the latest one, you need not change the SIM. Ncell upgrades the SIM card at Rs 1. You need to Visit Ncell Centers for the SIM up-gradation for 4G. All the new SIM cards in Ncell are already 4G enabled. After enabling 4G, you will also get 10 GB of all-time 4G data valid for 7 days. Read more: how to check the balance in Ncell >>
- For Smart Cell, you also do not need to dial anything to enable 4G. You just need to be in Smart’s 4G covered area and then put your phone in 4G mode. If you have taken a new SIM from Smart, you do not need to change the SIM card. But if it’s an old one, Smart Telecom’s 4G also requires changing the SIM card. Read more: How to check balance, subscribe and more in Smart Cell>>
Coverage Area of 4G in Nepal
- Ncell has extended its 4G coverage to 550 local levels across the country. It has a 4G network in 900 MHz and 1800 MHz.
- Nepal Telecom (NTC) is the first operator to launch 4G in Nepal. Now they have 4G coverage in all 77 districts, covering 692 local levels. Currently, they are doing the 4G expansion in all parts of the country with a 4G expansion project. Ntc has a 4G network in 800 MHz and 1800MHz.
- Although Smart Telecom has its mobile coverage in 45 districts, they have 4G coverage in 19 districts only. Their coverage expansion has been stalled for now, as they are looking for some investment in their company, which can happen any time soon.
How to put your phone in 4G mode?
- For Android phones, you need to go to settings -> Mobile networks -> Preferred Network Type or Network Mode. Then select either 4G preferred or Prefer LTE or LTE/WCDMA/GSM. Some handsets may have LTE mode only, we recommend you not to select this LTE only mode. But these days most of the handset has a 4G preferred mode.
- Some phones can also select the modes by dialing *#*#4636#*#* in android.
- For iPhone (iOS), you need to go to Settings-> cellular, then select enable 4G or there may be cellular data options and go to Voice and Data. Then select LTE which is LTE preferred mode, which means the mobile will get a 4G signal until the 4G network is available, and goes to 3G or 2G based on the availability.
How to configure your phone for 4G internet in Ntc, Ncell and Smart Cell
- To configure your phone for 4G/3G/GPRS, you need to put the same APN as that of 2G GPRS, EDGE, and 3G. In the case of Ncell internet, you need to put the APN as following: Go to Settings-> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Name and configure settings as:
- Name: Ncell
- APN name: web
- Leave all as it is, Save, make it default.
Read more: Latest Ncell data pack >>
- To configure your phone for 4G/3G/GPRS internet in Ntc, you need to configure handsets as per the following APN.
- Name: NTC
- APN name: Ntnet
- Leave all as it is, Save and make it default.
Read more: Latest Ntc data pack >>
- To configure your phone for 4G or GPRS in Smart Cell, you need to configure your mobile phone as below
- Name: Smart Cell
- APN name: Smart
- Leave all as it is, save and make default
Sometimes you may need to delete all other APNs. So in case it didn’t work, delete all others and restart your phone to confirm that the APN works.
Do you like getting all the 4G activation information in one place? Have you activated 4G in your SIM (either Ntc, Ncell, or Smart Cell)? Does your area have 4G network coverage? Please comment below.
- WorldLink and Dish Home to screen Asia Cup 2023 cricket live for free
- Vivo Y02t Launched With Helio P35 SoC in Nepal | Price, Specs
- How to watch the Asia Cup 2023 live in Nepal? Also find fixtures, squad, venue, and more
- Ncell CEO Jabbor Kayumov calls on the youth to be passionate and dream big
- WorldLink wins “Organizational Sales Excellence Award 2023”
- Apple starts iPhone 15 production in India
- Future iPhones and Apple Watch will analyze respiratory health