These days, people prefer to use mobile data on the go. As the Wifi Internet is not available everywhere (especially outdoors) and is not reliable (due to huge sharing), people have to use the internet from mobile data (cellular connection). We are here to help you with the process to enable mobile data on your phone. To use Mobile data, you will need to go through some procedures and settings on your handset. Ncell, NTC, and Smart Cell are currently the most famous Telecommunication companies in Nepal. So let’s know about how to activate the mobile internet in Ncell, NTC, and Smart Cell SIM cards.
How To Activate Mobile Internet in Ncell?
First of all, we can get connected to the internet via different protocols like WAP, GPRS, and EDGE. All Ncell SIM cards come with mobile internet activated by default. Or else, you can also activate the data internet in your Ncell SIM by following any of the below procedures.
- Type A and send SMS to 900224. (Option 1)
- Dial 900 and follow the instructions. (Option 2)
- Dial *100# and follow the instructions. (Option 3)
After following any of the one options, type ALL in your SMS box and send it to 9595. You will now receive an automatic setting, just save the setting and you are good to go.
If this automatic setting procedure doesn’t work in your device then don’t worry we still have another way. Another way is the Manual way. Just follow the steps given below to put the internet data settings on your Ncell phone.
- Go to your phone’s Settings Option.
- Click on Mobile Data/Internet Setting/Cellular or Network Settings.
- Now choose Mobile Network.
- Go to Access Point Name (APN).
- Set Name as Ncell and APN as Web.
- Just save the setting.
- Activate the saved setting.
- Turn on Mobile Data and enjoy surfing.
Recently Ncell has launched Sajilo SIM Offer, Endless Kurakani+ Offer, and a service from which you can buy Ncell data packs via Online Portal. All of these offers from the telecommunication giants are impressive.
Note: Old SIM cards don’t support 4G. So make sure that you have a new SIM which supports 4G. Or you can upgrade to a new SIM for free from any Ncell center nearby.
How to Activate Mobile Internet in NTC?
To use the Mobile internet in the NTC SIM card, all users must make sure that they have registered for the service. If you haven’t registered for the service yet then follow the steps below.
- For GPRS: Type “VGPRS” in the SMS box and send it to 1415.
- For 3G: Type 3G in the SMS box and send it to 1415.
- To activate 4G: Dial *444# and then press 1.
After this, a verification message for the activation of the service from Nepal Telecom will arrive. Now follow the given manual steps to configure the mobile internet settings on your phone.
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Select Mobile Network/Mobile Data/Cellular Option.
- Click on Acess Point Name (APN).
- Set Name as “NTC” and APN as “Ntnet”.
- Now save the new Acess Point and make it the default connection.
- Now turn on the Data and enjoy it.
Nepal Telecom (NTC) is the incumbent Telecommunication service provider in Nepal. Find the latest offers on mobile and internet from the government-owned telecom company; Ntc. They had provided several offers to Facilitate people for Lockdown. This is a great gesture from one of the largest companies in Nepal.
Read all the data packs in Nepal Telecom and the process to buy it.
Note: You can not get 4G over Old NTC SIM cards. So, in order to use 4G in the NTC SIM card, be sure that you own a 4G supportive one and you also need a 4G smartphone. If your SIM doesn’t support 4G then you can upgrade it to a U-SIM for a ceratin fee at any nearby NTC center.
Read details on enabling 4G on your Ntc, Ncell, Smart SIM cards.
How to Activate Mobile Internet in SmartCell?
SmartCell is the newest horse in this business race. However, it came with a bang and created a buzz in the market when it arrived. The data packages and its price was highly appreciated by its costumers. SmartCell SIM cards are the latest and come with already internet settings enabled. If the case is different in your’s then just follow the steps given below to connect with Smart’s 4G/GPRS connection.
- Go to your phone’s Settings option.
- Enter the Mobile Network/ Mobile Data/Cellular option.
- Choose Acess Point Name.
- Fill the name as Smart Telecom and APN as Smart.
- Save this news Acess Point and make it default.
- Turn Mobile Data on and enjoy internet surfing.
Now you will want to go for a 4G connection if its available. The process is the same on both Android phones and iOS phones. Just follow the instruction below to use 4G or Automatic Mode or 4G preferred mode on your phone.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Now choose Mobile Network/ Mobile Data/Cellular option.
- Select preferred Network Type or Network Mode.
- Enable 4G/LTE and check for Automatic (4G preferred) or 4G mode on your phone.
- You’re all set and good to roll.
Smart Cell App is also available from which you can check all the stats, buy data packs, and do a lot more. Find the data packages with double data offer in Smart Cell.
Network Connectivity of Ncell, NTC, and Smart Cell?
All three telecom operators in Nepal; Ncell, NTC, and Smart Cell have 4G Network support. NTC has covered all 77 districts of Nepal with 4G coverage whereas Ncell has 4G coverage in over 40 districts and SmartCell has 4G coverage in 19 Districts. These three companies are expanding day by day. We hope in the near future they will bring 5G connectivity and 6G connectivity whose development has just started.
- Nepal Telecom launches FTTH Fiber internet in Rajpur, Dang
- Honor X8b Launched in Nepal | Price and Specifications
- rSIM Tech That Keeps a Backup of a SIM in Your SIM Card
- Samsung One UI 6.1 Brings Galaxy AI to More Galaxy Devices
- US telco AT&T restores network after huge nationwide outage
- Nepal Telecom to provide free WiFi at airports across Nepal
- Xiaomi 14 Ultra Launched: Expected Price in Nepal and Specs