Well, fast internet is still out of reach for many of us. Some of us have been lucky to use fast internet for a long time. There are still some people who opt for slower internet due to the extra price that comes along. But others have no option at all but to stick with the sluggish internet. In this post, we provide you with the advantages of fast internet for the things that it can enable.
Fast internet means fast web browsing, fast download/upload, fast streaming, and all works on the internet that works promptly. You rely on fast internet for all digital actions that you do on your computer or mobile. The fast internet speed may differ from your choice of content and the place you live. But for now, we can say any internet speed above 10 to 15 Mbps is a fast internet for mobile and home broadband. Read about the mobile and broadband penetration in Nepal.
Advantages of Fast Internet Speed
So, fast internet makes you
- Quick in doing things on the internet, enabling you to give more time for other stuff.
- Productive for the result out of the internet, being faster makes you more efficient.
- Able to Earn money by doing business on the internet, running websites, or some content like video on YouTube or others.
- Do perfect communication (video/sharing tasks remotely) and entertainment from the internet.
- All-rounder performer with multi-tasking and best use of the internet.
Fast internet allows you to
- Take quick information out of the internet. You will never run out of essential data.
- Save money for buying a newspaper or books. You can always rely on the internet for news and cheaper digital editions.
- Save time for streaming or browsing. If you have video content or some rich text, then you will save time for the digital media to reach you.
- Share multiple users with the same internet. Especially for the home internet, the internet can be shared among various people in a family, each experiencing fast speed.
- Start a new business or promote your existing business with the internet.
- If you have access to some content, put it on some platform to earn money. If you are an expert, make some videos to start a YouTube channel and earn money. Or even create a website for a particular niche.
- Have better multimedia experience with high fidelity or quality. You can either download HD quality video contents/movies from the internet or stream it while watching.
- Learn some professional knowledge or skills out of the internet from the experts.
- Save voice call bills by using OTT applications. You can also do video calls with face to face communication using OTT apps like Viber, WhatsApp, Messenger, Wechat, Skype. It makes you connected with your family, friends all the time. Find top video streaming apps in Nepal.
- Have easy business conversation using several meeting platforms like WebEx or Zoom or Goole Meet or other online meeting applications.
- Be active in social media, create a group of similar people, and lead them for a good cause.
- Solve complex problems or even homework or project work or thesis reference from the internet. You don’t have to stick somewhere in any problem solving; just search or ask a big community out there.
- Save some storage in your phone or computer by putting the critical documents and backup in the cloud. It also allows your vital files to be safe and accessed anytime required.
- Play interactive games with your friends or family.
- Do online shopping, buy online tickets, pay for utilities, which saves you precious time/money for your requirements. You can also check the three-dimensional view of the products before buying. You can check how the clothes or other items look on you in the online shop.
- Use many other digital platforms to make your life easy, like calling for a taxi, ride-sharing, maintenance, and map navigation, e.t.c.
Also read: Check your mobile phone addiction level.
Having discussed all the advantages above, well you can also have some disadvantages with fast internet. You may be hooked on to the fast internet, use social media for more time, become fond of the virtual kinds of stuff, and become addicted.
This way, you may lose in-person interactions, and in the long term, will affect your ability to communicate with real people. Hence, we need to be careful of keeping the addiction level with the social networking apps, in a limit. Follow the digital well-being settings on your phone to be aware of these measures and act accordingly to reduce your screen time.
- US telco AT&T restores network after huge nationwide outage
- Nepal Telecom to provide free WiFi at airports across Nepal
- Xiaomi 14 Ultra Launched: Expected Price in Nepal and Specs
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G is getting the HyperOS upgrade: Find other rollout plan
- OnePlus 12 Pre-booking starts in Nepal: Find Specs and Price
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards