Nepal Telecom is bringing new internet packages in its EVDO (CDMA 3G) service, which could be easily available to the customers from SMS. The new internet package is known to be available from 1st September (Sunday) for 500 MB, 2GB, 5GB and 10 GB Volume data. To activate such volume data packages, subscribers need to send a text with message like data500mb to 1456 for 500 MB. The data packages for 500MB, 2 GB, 5 GB, 10 GB data are priced at Rs 200, Rs 760, Rs 1700 and Rs 2400 respectively.
EVDO is a CDMA based 3G technology that can provide wireless broadband internet up to 3.1 Mbps downlink and 1.8 Mbps uplink with Rev A version whereas old version Rel 0 provides 2.4 Mbps downlink and 153 Kbps uplink. As EVDO Rel 0 has significantly slower uplink speeds as compared to EVDO Rev A, customers having USB dongle of Rel 0 EVDO are getting lower uplink speed and they complain about the network problem but it’s actually due to the EVDO version that the dongle is compatible with. So, for the people who are going to get a EVDO USB dongle, make sure it supports EVDO Rev A for better download and upload speeds.
- All Highways will be connected with the mobile network, NTA forwards a plan
- Oppo A38 Officially Launched With Helio G85 Chipset | Find Price & Specs
- Classic Tech partners ZTE to improve its internet network
- Ncell Users Can Now Contact Hello Sarkar For Free, service now operational 24-hours
- “Dumb phones” make a comeback as people are sick of smartphones
- The government fixes the cost for the basic TV package in Nepal, 8 channel bouquet lists
- Apple strictly warns users not to sleep alongside their iPhones while they are charging